ISA/SE Level 1 Surf Coach Courses to Continue with Remote Teaching
ISA/Surfing England Level 1 Surf Coach Courses to continue
Surfing England, the ISA and our approved Course Presenters (CP) have been working to clarify how we can continue to run ISA/SE Level 1 Surf Coach Courses during the coronavirus lockdown which unfortunately has led to surf school closures and social distancing measures.
We are pleased to announce that courses will continue through digital learning. Here are a few pointers for how this will work:
- You will be required to sign a ‘ISA Intellectual Property Agreement and Copyright Acknowledgment’ – this will be sent digitally for you to return signed and protects the privacy of the course materials.
- Your chosen Course Presenter will tailor the course delivery to suit their teaching style, with ISA/SE being able to join the ‘digital classroom’ at any time to ensure course content is being delivered at a high standard.
- CP’s may use platforms such as zoom / google classroom / screencast for online delivery.
- Your CP will provide an adaptable solution for you to be able to complete the Venue Analysis – if possible, it may be you walk to a nearby beach, if you cannot do this another solution will be offered.
- The Lesson Plan/Lesson Delivery may be taught online, with the potential for a video follow up.
- Surfing Assessments will be conducted by video evidence being submitted from each participant.
It has been agreed between Surfing England, the ISA and CPs that all participants taking digital courses during the coronavirus pandemic will be eligible for an extension to complete all Post-Course requirements. The extension is for an additional 6 months, giving each participant a total of 18 months to complete their Water Safety/Lifeguard award (Royal Life Saving Society – RLSS or Surf Life Saving Great Britain – SLSGB) and the 20 practical coaching hours and course workbook. Should the coronavirus situation continue longer than currently anticipated, participants may be able to have an additional 6 months extension, giving a total of 24 months for total Course Completion – this will be assessed on an individual basis and agreed by your CP.
Surfing England Membership
All newly qualified Surf Coaches will be eligible for a one-year free Surf Coach Membership on completion of their Water Safety/Lifeguard award (RLSS or SLSGB) and the 20 hours practical coaching hours and course workbook. Once your CP has signed you off as a qualified Surf Coach, they will email Surfing England with an attached copy of your Water Safety/Lifeguard award. Surfing England will then activate your Membership and send you a Surfing England Surf Coach Certificate.
On completion of the above, the ISA will issue you your ISA Surf Coach Certificate. Please be aware these are processed twice monthly be the ISA.
Booking on a Course:
For upcoming Surf Coach Courses and to view our recognised ISA and Surfing England Course Presenters CLICK HERE!
Getting in touch
For questions about your upcoming course, please contact your Course Presenter directly.
For questions relating to Surfing England Membership, please contact: [email protected]
Comments are closed.