**This role is no longer open for applications**
Team England Adaptive/Para
Volunteer Social Media
Job Description: Surfing England is the sport’s National Governing Body (NGB) as recognised by Sport England and we look after all disciplines of wave riding from grass roots through to Team England. Supporting the development of adaptive surfing is one of our core aims as part of growing a ‘healthy surfing community’ and using surfing as a tool for positive change. We run an annual Adaptive Surfing Championships and the English Adaptive Surf Team is our most internationally successful team. We want to bring new talent and energy to the fantastic volunteer management team as we seek to further develop the team with more training opportunities and a more structured athlete pathway.
Role and Responsibilities: You will be responsible for managing and keeping the SEA Crew (Surfing England Adaptive Crew) social media pages, predominantly Instagram, up to date.
This means sharing images and stories from the wider adaptive surfing community and to promote and highlight the activities of the team through training and competition performance.
You will need to work closely with the adaptive team manager, coach and athletes as well as the Surfing England operations team who manage the organisations main social media profiles.
Qualifications, skills and abilities
- • Enjoy using social media and sharing stories
- • Good understanding of how social media works, and be open to learning to use Surfing England’s scheduling tool (Sked)
- • Be able to commit regular, small amounts of time to keep the account current and interesting
- • Have a passion for adaptive surfing and a drive to increase awareness of our amazing para surfers
- • Enjoy working with people and be able to build relationships and trust with a diverse group of surfers and coaches
Please express your interest by emailing email@example.com with ADPATIVE SOCIAL MEDIA in the title and sharing the reasons you want to be involved in the team.
The deadline for applications is the 29th June 2023.
If you have any questions or would like to discuss the role in more detail, please contact Phil Williams, Adaptive Team Manager firstname.lastname@example.org
Whilst registered as a volunteer for Surfing England you are representing surfing at the highest national level and you will be:
1. Subject to the bylaws, rules, regulations, policies and procedures of Surfing England
2. Expected to act with integrity and diligence
3. Expected to support the overall aims and development objectives of Surfing England
All Volunteers working with the adaptive team must have an enhanced DBS check and will be required to undertake the following training, which will be provide by Surfing England:
– Safeguarding in Sport
– Safeguarding Adults
– Inclusive Activity Planning elearning module
There will be additional training on offer from time to time either provided direct or via partners such as UK Coaching and Activity Alliance.
Location and Time Commitment:
The Adaptive Surfing Team are based across the country and we are aiming to have coaches and volunteers that can provide training in the areas they live. We also use The Wave in Bristol as the Team England central training facility and we expect to have scheduled training delivered at The Wave through the year. We expect this role to have an annual time commitment in the region of 1 day per month, however that time is likely to be split as a few hours each week.