2021 Wildcard Applications Open for Team England Junior Squad
Following an unusual year of global pandemics, travel bans and cancelled competitions, Surfing England are pleased to announce the opening of Wildcard Applications to the Team England Junior Squad for 2021, supported by dryrobe.
A wildcard is designed for exceptional surfers who have not already been invited to join the Junior Squad. This may be due to injury, lack of available competitions or simply due to location.
To qualify for a wildcard, surfers must meet the following criteria:
- Eligible to represent England (through birth, ancestry, or residency)
- Aged 18 or under on 31st December 2021 (ISA Qualification date)
- Be an exceptional surfer at a level ready to compete on a National and International stage.
If you feel that you meet these criteria, please contact us to apply for a Wildcard.
Applications would normally include:
- Name and Age (DOB)
- How you qualify to surf for England
- Competition results and history
- Clips of you surfing (or links to Instagram, vimeo etc)
- Details of any coaches or coaching groups you work with that you would be happy for us to contact for a reference
- Any sponsorships already in place
- Why you want to surf for England.
We actively encourage English qualified surfers from overseas to apply for Wildcards.
Closing date for entries for Wildcards is Sunday 7th February 2021. Any successful applicants will be notified by the end of February.
Should you have any queries please contact our Team Managers. Please direct all wildcard applications and queries to: [email protected]
A huge thank you to dryrobe for the continued support and firm commitment to the Team England Junior squad, and also to the Caravan and Motorhome Club, Surfdome, and The Wave, where we very much look forward to training in the near future.
For general press enquiries please contact: [email protected]