Melissa Reid retains World Champion Title & Charlotte Banfield brings home Silver
Team England Adaptive have returned home safely from the 2020 AmpSurf ISA World Para Surfing Championships. Fortunately, the event started before most travel restrictions were put in place and we had already booked on what turned out was the last BA flight out of San Diego!
It was an amazing experience to be part of such a great event and although we had only 5 athletes out of a possible 16, we came 11th out of 21 teams and secured A Gold and Silver medal! A huge congratulations to Melissa Reid for retaining your World Champion title for a second year and to Charlotte Banfield winning silver. We are already planning for the next one, can’t wait to hang out and surf with such as a great global community again!
The team were amazing in and out of the water, showing the world we’re serious competition in Para Surfing, whilst still a fun, helpful and friendly bunch. The team consisted of:
- 1st timer Natasha Davis PSProne 2
- The welcome returning Martin Pollock PSKneel
- The figurehead and Wiley Veteran Spike Kane Wave Ski and PSProne2
- 2 x Gold Medalist Melissa Reid PSVisual Impair 2
- 2 x Silver and Bronze Charlotte Banfield PSStanding 2
- Assistant Coach and Standing Athlete Louis Sutton
- Manger and Prone Assist Andy Joyce
- Coach Prone and VI assist Matt Harwood
Massive thanks to all the additional supporters, we couldn’t do it without you!!: Alexandra, Suzanne, Tanya, Genevieve, Jamie and all the good folks of La Jolla. Lastly to all athletes, volunteers, organizers and supporters who made this event a full success during the challenging world situation!
Thank you to AmpSurf for supporting the event and the ISA for delivering the event. A further thank you to Team England Sponsors, Caravan and Motorhome Club, The Wave, Korev, dryrobe & Stance.
Comments are closed.