Calypso British Schools Surf Championships which this year will be held at Widemouth Bay, Bude on the 14th & 15th July. The event is a counting event towards Junior selections in the British Squads for 2013, and also forms part of the selections series for the English teams for the European Juniors. All points scored will count towards UK pro surf tour and national rankings points as well as team points for the coveted British Schools team championships.
Over 200 children aged between 12 and 18 from over 30 schools across England, Wales and The Channel Islands will be competing. There will be both team and individual competitions and SURFING GB expects to see some impressive action as well as ensuring fun for all.
SGB’s new project manager Nick Rees says “The event is a great chance to for Britain’s junior surfers to showcase their abilities and do their schools proud, we are expecting a big turn out on the day so come along and get involved”.
– Each school/college can enter teams of up to 10 surfers and there are no restrictions on the amount of entrants from a school/college entered into a specific category e.g. A school can enter all 10 surfers in the U18 Open Bodyboard if necassary.
– Individual prizes will be awarded within each division.
– Combined results from Surfers respresenting each school/college will inform an overall school/college as the British School Champions.
– Entry is only permitted to Surfing GB members, if you are not a current member please visit www.surfinggb.com/membership to join.
– Entry into multiple age divisions is permitted and full payment for each entered division is required. Please identify all division entries in the box on the registration form (P.1). NOTE: Competitors must be under age for division on 1st January 2012.
– The closing date for entry is Wednesday 11th July. Applications will be accepted on a first come first serve basis and may be limited depending on application numbers.
– If you are NOT attending a specific school but would still like to enter then please contact Nick Rees (SGB Project Manager) at email@example.com or 07711263584.
– Following receipt of your application and after the Wednesday 11th July closing date an email will be sent to confirm receipt of your application and the arrangements for the event.
– Surfing GB hold the right to cancel the event or change locations/format if conditions are deemed unsuitable or unforeseeable events occur that directly affect the running of the event.
Download 2012 British Schools Registration form
– Payment for entry can be made by cheque payable to Surfing GB, card payments and bank transfers are accepted by phone or email to Kerry Powell on 07429208283 / firstname.lastname@example.org. Confirmation of receipt for entry will be sent via email.
– Post Cheque and entry forms to Surfing GB, TOP FLOOR, 19 Southernhay West, Exeter EX1 1PJ.
For all event enquiries please contact Nick Rees (SGB Project Manager) via email at email@example.com or call on 07967664643
Download the British Schools Poster