Team England Juniors Volunteer Videographer role
Team England Juniors
Videographer Job Description
Surfing England is the sport’s National Governing Body (NGB) as recognised by Sport England and we look after all disciplines of wave riding from grassroots through to Team England. A key part of the journey for young athletes looking to compete internationally is a place on the Surfing England Junior Training Squad supported by our partners dryrobe. The squad delivers a programme of training through the year for around 30 athletes aged 12 – 18. We are seeking a volunteer videographer who could lend their talents to support the junior team, providing great content for the juniors to use on social media as they build their profiles and to support the coaching programme with video content for analysis.
The main responsibly of the team videographer will be to support and work with the coaches to video training sessions and provide footage for video analysis. This may vary from working with specific athletes or small groups and capturing very specific content, to providing wider coverage of a training session or competition.
- Support the manager and coaching staff through the capture and replaying of video footage at team training sessions and competitions
- Record and edit footage to support individual athlete development plans
- Work with Surfing England and our partners to share great images that support the promotion of the junior team
- Be a positive role model for the athletes and for Surfing England
Qualifications, skills and abilities
- Proactive and can do attitude
- Passionate about supporting and developing talented surfers
- Great time management and well organised
- High level ability to capture surfing on camera, often in challenging conditions
- Good computer skills and access to video editing software
- Your own camera and videography equipment
- Hold a UK drivers licence and have access to transport
Whilst registered as a volunteer for Surfing England you are representing surfing at the highest national level and you will be:
- Subject to the bylaws, rules, regulations, policies and procedures of Surfing England
- Expected to act with integrity and diligence
- Expected to support the overall aims and development objectives of Surfing England
All Volunteers working with the junior squad must have an enhanced DBS check and will be required to undertake the following training, which will be provide by Surfing England:
- Safeguarding in Sport
There will be additional training on offer from time to time either provided direct or via partners such as UK Coaching
Location and Time Commitment:
The Junior Surfing Team are based across the country and we need to have coaches and volunteers that can provide training in the areas they live. We also use The Wave in Bristol as the Team England central training facility and we expect to have scheduled training delivered at The Wave through out the year.
We expect this role to have an annual time commitment in the region of 10 – 15 days. This will include administration time, training and competition support. The role is voluntary which means time and expenses are not covered. However, costs are covered for international travel when supporting the team at events abroad.
Surfing England believes a more diverse line up enhances and enriches the surfing experience for everyone. We recognise the positive value of diversity within the surfing community and we encourage job applications from people of all back grounds. If you would like to discuss any aspect of the role or have questions please don’t hesitate to drop us a note at [email protected] .
To apply, please submit your CV and a covering letter to [email protected]
Applications are open until 4th April.