Surfing England Membership & Marketing Coordinator job opportunity
Role: Membership & Marketing Coordinator
Location: Surfing England Office – Braunton, North Devon.
Hours: Full time (Part time will be considered)
Salary: £21,000 basic with performance based increase (linked to membership) to £29,000
Employment type: Permanent
Start date: As soon as possible
There has never been a more exciting time to be involved in English surfing. World leaders in the roll out of artificial waves which are bringing surfing to new audiences across the country, record levels of participation and some amazing talent coming through the competitive ranks. Alongside the sporting potential of surfing, it is also being recognised as a fantastic tool for positive social change, with many of our clubs & schools involved in amazing projects, from overcoming the barriers to get teenage girls involved in sport to providing mental health support for the blue light emergency services.
Surfing England is the sport’s National Governing Body (NGB) as recognised by Sport England and we look after the sport from grass roots through to Team England. This covers the disciplines of bodysurf, bodyboard, shortboard, longboard and SUP surfing. At the heart of what we do, is serving and supporting our membership of surfers, surf coaches, clubs and schools.
This role will be focused on growing our club and individual membership, aiming for 5,000 members over the next 3 years, leveraging our social media platforms, commercial partners and network of surf schools and coaches to do so.
The right person will be an independent thinker, able to devise and deliver sales strategies and work with a wider range of partners to deliver them. You will be social media savvy and enjoy creating and delivering social campaigns. You will be able to develop lasting and meaning relationships with our partners and enjoy being part of a dynamic team. You will be passionate about the development of surfing and ambitious in the delivery of your role and contribution to our sport. For the right person there is lots of scope to grow and develop the role as well as get involved other areas of work across the organisation.
To provide exceptional customer service and value to our current members, and to sustainably grow the Surfing England individual membership to 5000 over the next 3 years. This will include:
- Looking after and supporting our existing individual and club members, responding to enquiries in a timely and professional manner. This involves managing a busy inbox, answering calls, and administration of our new membership system
- Developing and delivering sales strategies to significantly grow our membership numbers including individual members and surf clubs
- Working closely with key commercial partners to develop membership offers which complement our sponsor and partnership objectives
- Using social media to deliver core Surfing England messaging and creating new content to retain and drive membership; engaging every surfer, no matter their demographic or what craft/board they are riding
- Managing our bespoke online membership platform, maintain customer records and providing solutions to enquiries, monthly reporting and liaising with the wider team
- Being a key member of the Surfing England team and supporting your colleagues
- Continuously improving and proactively contributing to enhancing our systems, process and membership offers
As part of a small, dynamic team in a fast-moving environment the Membership and Marketing Co-ordinator will also be expected to support the team in other areas as new challenges arise. This ensures a variety of work is available, but requires an individual that is adaptable and open to new challenges.
The role is predominantly office based, working from our HQ in Braunton, North Devon. There will be occasional requirements to travel and to work outside of office hours.
Successful applicants will ideally have:
- Heaps of enthusiasm and genuine passion for surfing and using surfing as a tool for positive change
- A positive, pro-active mindset with a solution orientated approach to tasks
- Brilliant and confident communicator through all channels (in person, groups, conference calls, phone, email, etc)
- Exceptionally organised, self motivated and enjoys multi-tasking
- Comfortable ‘spinning multiple plates’ – managing a varied and busy workload and maintaining track on all incoming and ongoing tasks.
Essential Skills and Experience:
- Excellent customer service skills and a drive to exceed customer expectations
- Experience and demonstratable track record in sales and marketing, especially utilising social media platforms to generate sales (direct or non-direct)
- Proven track record of managing digital systems and technology, familiar with the use of Office 365 and platforms like mailchimp, sked, survey monkey etc
- Experience working in or with membership driven organisations
- Very strong organisation skills, able to manage own workload and prioritise effectively
If you are feeling excited at the prospect of making a real difference to surfing and want to join our team at this pivotal time, then we’d love to hear from you!
Please send a written CV with covering letter (address below), detailing why you believe you are the right person to join the team at Surfing England and details of two references.
Closing deadline: Thursday 6th January at 12.00pm (midday).
Interviews: Thursday 13th January 2022, in Braunton, North Devon.