Surfing England Membership Coordinator vacancy
Role: Membership Coordinator
Location: Surfing England Office – Braunton, North Devon.
Hours: Part time. 24hrs per week.
Salary: £17,000 p/a pro rata.
Employment type: Permanent, part time.
Start date: As soon as possible
Surfing England is the National Governing Body (NGB) for surfing in England. We are a not-for-profit membership organisation, working to support and develop surfing in England. We proudly serve our sport and our membership of surfers, surf coaches, surf clubs and surf schools. We are committed to our goals: to grow a ‘Healthy Surfing Community’, provide guidance to those involved in our sport, to protect our environment and to use surfing as a tool for positive change.
We are offering a fantastic opportunity for a Membership Coordinator to join our small team, working from our office less than 5 minutes from the beach on the North Devon coast.
Primary Role: To administer our surfer, surf coach, surf club and surf school memberships, affiliations and accreditations and manage our online membership database.
Secondary Role: Work to assist in retaining members and reaching out to new ones to grow our membership. To contribute to enhancing current systems and ensure an efficient and professional service to our members and sport.
Responsibilities will include;
- Administration of Surf Coach, Surf Club and Surf School certifications
- Administrative support for surfer memberships
- First point of contact for all membership phone and email enquiries
- Management and maintenance of our online membership database
- Work to targets and assist in promotion and sale of memberships
- Monthly report submissions
- Support and deliver day to day operations and tasks
- Maintain positive relationships with members
- Financial monitoring of membership fees and management of fees
- Maintain records
- Membership engagement and outreach
- Membership related social media marketing and engagement
- Service to surfing and our members from grass roots to elite level
- Support other members of the staffing team as necessary
Reporting to the Chief Operating Officer and alongside our small and focused team, who are passionate about surfing and the development of surfing in England.
The position is based on 24hrs a week spread across four or five working days a week and is located at our office in Braunton, North Devon. Our long-term vision is to grow this role in to a full-time position and this would be based on significant membership growth and/or funding.
The applicant will ideally have;
- Educated to degree level or 3 years’ experience in a relevant field
- Experience in administration
- Excellent customer service
- Microsoft Office skills (Excel & Word)
- Ability to manage own workload and prioritise
- Strong organisational skills
- Personable and friendly
- Motivated and enthusiastic
- Good communication skills
- Pro-active and a positive ‘can-do’ attitude
- Solution oriented
- Hard working
- Desire and passion to use surfing as a tool for positive change
If you believe you could take on this role and fulfil its tasks, and wish to join Surfing England at a pivotal time with a vision for growth and positive impact – then we want to hear from you!
Please send a written CV with covering letter (address below), detailing why you believe you are the right person to join the team at Surfing England and details of two references.
Closing deadline: Friday 22nd June at 2pm.