Surf Tech job vacancies at the Wave
Vacancy job title- Surf Tech
The Wave is the first inland-surfing destination of its kind, where people of all ages, backgrounds and abilities can experience the joy of surfing and its many physical and mental health benefits. But it’s not just about surfing. It’s about getting back to nature, improving health and well-being, connecting with other people, enjoying great food and drink, and having a load of fun in the process!
Our 180m long surfing lake is powered by Wavegarden. This groundbreaking technology can generate up to 1,000 quality waves per hour, ranging from 50cm (1.7ft) to almost 2m (6.5ft) in height. We can produce a new wave every 8-10 seconds.
As a Surf Technician you are responsible for:
· Ensuring our visitors are well informed, relaxed, and excited about getting on the water!
· Having a solid understanding of our surf equipment and what our visitors will need
· having a wider understanding of how the Wave Bristol operates
· Getting our visitors checked-in, making sure their waivers are signed and presenting The Wave pre-surf induction
We’ll show you how to use our tills and complete payments confidently and train you in radio comms. Health and safety is super important to us and you’ll receive training on H&S in the workplace and tasked with keeping the surf ops area clear and tidy to ensure wavemakers and visitors are kept safe at all times.
Our ideal wavemaker will have experience in a customer facing and a desire to assist others, ensuring visitors leave with a smile on their face! Our wavemakers use their initiative effectively and take a proactive approach to any challenges that arise – a can-do attitude is essential!
In return you’ll get:
· Paid breaks
· 30 days of paid holiday (inclusive of bank hols)
· Free staff surfs up to 3 times a week
· Staff Discounts on retail of up 20%
· Up to 50% off your surf bookings
· Up to 40% off your food and beverage items while on shift
· Up to 25% off our accommodation
· Free Electric car charging
· The chance to work with a great team within a growing company
We are constantly reviewing our salaries and due to the increase of the national minimum wage, the higher pay bracket will take effect in April 2022. We want to help develop our Wavemakers. Lifeguards who are keen to learn and take on more responsibility, will have the opportunity to progress through our L&D program to earn a higher wage.
Age 2021 April 2022
16 – 20 £6.72 £7.00
21-22 £8.57 £9.41
23 and over £9.13 £9.74
We are looking for 11 Surf Techs to join us on either 35hr fixed term or casual contracts. This is for our 2022 season, starting in Feb 2022.
Where the position is based, and if travel is required
The Wave, Washingpool Farm, Easter Compton, Bristol, BS35 5RE
Details of salary and related benefits. If this is a voluntary role, state whether expenses will be covered. Please be specific.
£6.72 – £9.74 p/h