Surf Coach vacancies-The Wave Bristol
Surf Coach vacancies
The Wave is a slice of the ocean inland, where people of all ages, backgrounds and abilities can experience the joy blue health and its many physical and mental health benefits. Our 180m long lake is powered by Wavegarden. This ground-breaking technology can generate up to 1,000 quality waves per hour, ranging from 50cm (1.7ft) to almost 2m (6.5ft) in height. We can produce a new wave every 8-10 seconds.
As a surf coach you will be working with surfers looking to improve their skills, as well as novices attempting the sport for the first time.
Our Surf Coaches:
- Play a vital role in providing quality beginner lessons on the dry side and in the water
- Deliver engaging safety briefings
- Ensure all visitors are reassured, informed, and excited about getting in the water
- Are vigilant and assist our lifeguards in emergency medical aid and water response
- Identify and address any visitors failing to follow the correct rules and safety procedures
We’ll train you in The Wave health and safety processes and procedures, so you are able to act as an ambassador for The Wave and champion health and safety across the surf ops department.
We want to grow and develop our wavemakers! Coaches with the skills and desire to progress will be given the opportunity to take on more responsibility and coach higher skill sessions.
Our ideal wavemaker will have experience of coaching with a strong desire to get people active and to engage with surfing. Our wavemakers are proactive, great communication skills and a can-do attitude!
Our Surf coaches must be certified ISA level 1 (minimum), beach lifeguard qualified and able to provide a clear DBS check prior to any commencement of work.
In return you’ll get:
- Paid breaks
- 30 days of paid holiday (inclusive of bank hols)
- Free staff surfs
- Staff Discounts on retail of up 20%
- Up to 50% off your surf bookings
- Up to 40% off your food and beverage items while on shift
- Free hot and cold drinks on shift
- Up to 25% off our accommodation
- The chance to work with a great team
This is a fixed term position running from 30th March to October (there may be an option to extend into the winter season). We are looking for wavemakers who can commit to 28hrs per week.
Recruiting for diversity is not simply a tick box for The Wave, it is our ethos, the right thing to do and the smartest way for us to do business. We are an Equal Opportunities employer, committed to encouraging equality, diversity and inclusion among our workforce, and eliminating all unlawful discrimination.
The Wave, BS35 5RE
Details of salary and related benefits. £10.56 p/h
How to apply for the vacancy. https://harri.com/surf-operations/job/1784432-surf-coach
Closing date – 9th Feb 2023