Surf Coach vacancies Full Time and Part Time at The Wave
Surf Coach Vacancies : Full Time and Part Time
As surf coach at The Wave, you will be part of one of Europe’s largest and most unique surf school. The Wave attracts experienced surfers looking to improve their skills, as well as novices attempting the sport for the first time. You will play a vital role in providing quality beginner lessons, ensuring all visitors are reassured, informed and excited about getting in the water. As an ambassador for The Wave you will value the importance of championing health and safety, contributing to a culture that is proactive and communicates successfully across the surf operations department. You will be part of a team who are engaged, eager to learn and empowered to deliver high standards all the time.
If you are up for a challenge and want to help us continue to build something really special, we can’t wait to hear from you.
What you’ll be up to:
- Instructing, advising and educating our visitors during all surfing lessons and operations.
- Having amazing knowledge of all the equipment used within the department to credibly advise our visitor on the appropriate kit for their needs and ability.
- Maintaining the highest levels of safety across the department and assist in the creation of a culture of safety amongst the team.
- Continuously maintaining a high level of care and respect for all surfing equipment ensuring it remains fit for purpose (boards, wetsuits, fins and leashes)
- Assisting lifeguards in emergency medical aid and water response.
- Maintaining cleanliness and general upkeep of the Surf Ops areas.
- Identify and address any visitors failing to follow the correct rules and safety procedures.
Skills and Attributes:
- Maintaining a minimum requirement of ISA level 1 and beach lifeguard qualification or equivalent is essential.
- Provide a clear DBS check – this will need to be provided prior to any engagement of work.
- Other experience of teaching in other areas is desirable.
- A strong desire to get people active and to engage with surfing.
- A proactive and ambitious mindset, with a desire to ‘muck-in’.
- A passion for sustainability, health and well being and the natural world.
Location The Wave, Washingpool Farm,, Easter Compton, Bristol, BS35 5RE
Pay and Benefits
£10.56 per hour
- Company Pension Scheme
- Holiday: 30 days inclusive of bank holidays (pro-rata)
- Paid Breaks
- Staff Discount
- Wave time
How to apply for the vacancy
Closing date – 31 October 2021
Please apply via our website
Comments are closed.