Surf Coach vacancies Bristol
Surf Coach vacancies Bristol
The Wave® is a surf brand and surf culture company building inland surfing destinations in the UK and beyond. We’re developing stunning destinations for people of all ages, backgrounds and abilities. We want to create engaging places for people to learn, laugh and stay healthy. We are ambitious and committed and we love this exciting journey.
Our inland surfing lake destinations are powered by the latest wave-making technology, offering perfect waves for all abilities. Embedded in stunning landscapes, we want to get people outdoors, into nature and enjoying life. All our work looks to make positive impact; balancing financial, environmental and social objectives… whilst being sustainable.
As an organisation, we are absolutely committed to providing amazing and inspiring experiences for our customers and we understand that in it order to achieve this, we are going to need a truly amazing and inspiring team to deliver them.
We have ambitious plans and intentions to grow from our first site in Bristol, to our second site in London and then beyond, across Europe. We understand that there we may face some challenges in doing this so, if you’re ‘up for an adventure’ then you just might be the person we’re looking for.
ABOUT THE ROLE
As surf coach at The Wave, you will be part of one of Europe’s largest and most unique surf school. The Wave will attract experienced surfers looking to improve their skills, as well as novices attempting the sport for the first time. You will play a vital role in providing quality beginner lessons, ensuring all visitors are reassured, informed and excited about getting on the water. As an ambassador for The Wave you will value the importance of championing health and safety, contributing to a culture that is proactive and communicates successfully across the surf operations department.
With hundreds of surfers each day, this will be a busy place and in order to provide the high levels of service that our visitors deserve, you will be part of a team who are engaged, eager to learn and empowered to deliver high standards all the time.
We believe that we have the best opportunity to be part of the most exciting and unique visitor attraction to come to Bristol. If you are up for a challenge and want to help us build something really special, we can’t wait to hear from you.
What you’ll be up to:
· Instructing, advising and educating our visitors during all surfing lessons and operations.
· Having amazing knowledge of all the equipment used within the department to credibly advise our visitor on the appropriate kit for their needs and ability.
· Maintaining the highest levels of safety across the department and assist in the creation of a culture of safety amongst the team.
· Continuously maintaining a high level of care and respect for all surfing equipment ensuring it remains fit purpose (boards, wetsuits, fins and leashes)
· Assisting lifeguards in emergency medical aid and water response.
· Maintaining cleanliness and general upkeep of the Surf Ops areas.
· Identify and address any visitors failing to follow the correct rules and safety procedures.
Skills and Attributes:
· Maintaining a minimum requirement of ISA level 1 and beach lifeguard qualification or equivalent is essential.
· Other experience of teaching in other areas is desirable.
· A strong desire to get people active and to engage with surfing
· A proactive and ambitious mindset, with a desire to ‘muck-in’!
· A passion for sustainability, health and well being and the natural world
Salary£10.30 / Hour
Schedule – Part Time, Full Time, Seasonal, Casual
Location – Bristol BS35 5RE, UK