Surf Coach job-Wave Bristol
Seasonal opportunities (Up to 35 hour per week)
Right now the waves are not yet rolling but we hope that at some point in the future we will be able to have people up and riding and in order to do this we will need to expand our team.
We are keen to hear from those who wish to register their interest in Surf Coach opportunities at The Wave.
The Wave will attract experienced surfers looking to improve their skills, as well as novices attempting the sport for the first time. You will play a vital role in providing quality beginner lessons, ensuring all visitors are reassured, informed and excited about getting on the water. As an ambassador for The Wave you will value the importance of championing health and safety, contributing to a culture that is proactive and communicates successfully across the surf operations department.
With hundreds of surfers each day, this will be a busy place and in order to provide the high levels of service that our visitors deserve, you will be part of a team who are engaged, eager to learn and empowered to deliver high standards all the time.
What you’ll be up to:
- Instructing, advising and educating our visitors during all surfing lessons and operations. Which must run to schedule without fail.
- Following The Waves lesson plans to ensure a high quality and consistent experience for our visitors.
- Having amazing knowledge of all the equipment used within the department to credibly advise our visitor on the appropriate kit for their needs and ability.
- Maintaining the highest levels of safety across the department and assist in the creation of a culture of safety amongst the team.
- Continuously maintaining a high level of care and respect for all surfing equipment ensuring it remains fit purpose (boards, wetsuits, fins and leashes)
- Assisting lifeguards in emergency medical aid and water response.
- Maintaining cleanliness and general upkeep of the Surf Ops areas and taking pride in our amazing facilities.
- Identify and address any visitors failing to follow the correct rules and safety procedures.
- You are part of a large department which houses differing roles however we are one big team. In order for us to be successful we without fail support each other. This will be evident during your downtime between lessons where you will be needed to support the wider team.
Skills and Attributes:
- Attention to detail.
- Maintaining a minimum requirement of ISA level 1 or ASI Coaching Qualification and beach lifeguard qualification or equivalent is essential.
- Clear DBS check.
- A strong desire to get people active and to engage with surfing
- A proactive and ambitious mindset, with a desire to ‘muck-in’!
- A passion for sustainability, health and well being and the natural world
Start date: Right now it is difficult to confirm a start date but it is our hope that it would be toward mid-end of March 2021.
PLEASE NOTE THAT THERE IS NO LIVE IN ACCOMODATION AVAILABLE FOR THESE ROLES.
|Salary||£10.30 / Hour|
|Location||The Wave, Main Road, Easter Compton, Bristol BS35 5RE, UK|