Remote Judging Course Opens
Surfing England are pleased to announce that in partnership with the ISA we will be delivering a Judge Course online on 13th & 14th May for members of Surfing England. This is following success of ISA/SE Level 1 Surf Coach Courses that have been running digitally over the last couple of weeks. The first course will be presented by Andy Joyce who has been presenting courses for the ISA and Surfing England for 15 years.
In partnership with ISA and Andy Joyce, we are pleased to offer this course at a minimum charge for Surfing England members whilst we are in unprecedented times of the coronavirus. Why not break up some of your lockdown hours by completing this course and learning something new?
The course will give participants an insight into how judges score waves at contests and what surfers can do to maximise their scoring potential.
There are 2 options for the course:
- Observer Level £50 (including ISA fee) – For competing athletes/coaches and supporters (family members, friends, guardians, etc) who are just wanting to increase their knowledge.
- ISA Registered Judge Level £90 – For individuals who are wanting to Judge at regional level up to international competition. Those completing the ISA element will have to complete an exam post course.
The course will consist of approximately 6 hours of learning, split into 2 x 3-hour blocks, and using the Zoom platform for delivery.
- What: ISA/Surfing England Judge Course
- Who for: Members of Surfing England
- When: 13th & 14th May – 5-8pm both days
- Where: Taught remotely via Zoom
- Cost: Observer Level – £50 (including ISA fee)
- Cost: ISA Registered Judge – £90 (includes ISA registration fee and exam)
Surfing England Membership
- The course is only for current Surfing England Members – if you are not a member you can sign up here: https://www.surfingengland.org/join-us/
- If you are unsure of your Membership status, email: email@example.com
How to book?
- Email Andy: firstname.lastname@example.org ideally no later than the 4th May to allow for pre-course preparations.
- State your full name and what level you are taking (Observer or ISA registered)
- Andy will send you payment information and an Information Disclaimer Form you will need to sign and return.
- Information on how to access the Course will be issued by 12th May
If the Judging Course is oversubscribed we will work to introduce additional dates.
Upcoming Courses: We also have dates for ISA/Surfing England Level 1 Surf Coach Courses, ISA Level 2 Surf Coach Course and ISA Flat Water SUP Courses, all delivered by our qualified and experienced Course Presenters. Click here to see dates