Membership Coordinator Vacancy – Surfing England
Role: Membership Coordinator
Location: Surfing England Office – Braunton, North Devon.
Hours: Part time (min 24hrs per week) and full time considered
Salary: £17,000 p/a pro rata.
Employment type: Permanent.
Start date: As soon as possible
There has never been a more exciting time to be involved in English surfing. The Olympics are shining a spotlight on our sport, The Wave in Bristol has just opened and is the first in a series of inland waves bringing surfing to new audiences across the country and we have record levels of participation. Alongside the sporting potential of surfing, it is also being recognised as a fantastic tool for positive social change, with many of our clubs & schools involved in amazing projects, from overcoming the barriers to get teenage girls involved in sport to providing mental health support for the blue light emergency services.
Surfing England is the sport’s National Governing Body (NGB) as recognised by Sport England and we look after the sport from grass roots through to Team England. At the heart of what we do, is serving and supporting our membership of surfers, surf coaches, clubs and schools. This membership represents an amazing surfing movement and is fundamental to our core aims: to grow a ‘Healthy Surfing Community’, provide guidance to those involved in our sport, to protect our environment and to use surfing as a tool for positive change.
We have a fantastic opportunity for a Membership Coordinator to join our team at this exciting time. We are investing in our systems and processes alongside developing our membership offer, ready to really grow our numbers. For the right person, there is a huge opportunity to grow and develop the role.
To provide a first class customer service for our surfer, surf coach, surf club and surf school members. This means:
- dealing with telephone and email enquiries in a timely, friendly and professional manner
- developing great relationships with our members
- visiting our surf schools on an annual basis
- developing a solid understanding of surf accreditations and coaching
- organising and managing our online membership database, keeping customer records and contacts up to date, monthly reporting and liaising with the wider team to ensure actions are delivered to time
- proactively contributing to enhancing our systems, process and membership offers
To grow our membership by:
- Proactively contributing to our marketing plans and putting forward new ideas
- Taking an active role in our social media marketing and engagement
- Implementing new projects and plans, working to targets and deadlines
- Engaging with new schools, clubs and individual surfers to sell memberships
- Representing Suring England at a range of events
As part of a small, dynamic team in a fast moving environment the membership co-ordinator will also be expected to support the team in other areas as new challenges arise. This ensures a variety of work is available, but requires an individual that is adaptable and open to new challenges.
The role will report to the Operations Director and is predominantly office based, working from our HQ in Braunton, North Devon. There will be occasional requirements to travel and to work outside of office hours.
Successful applicants will ideally have:
- Bags of enthusiasm and genuine passion for surfing and for using surfing as a tool for positive change
- Excellent customer service skills and experience working in a customer service driven environment
- Positive attitude toward customers and a drive to exceed customer expectations
- Previous experience of working to deadlines and delivering high standards of process compliance
- Very strong organisation skills and administration experience
- Ability to manage own work load and prioritise effectively
- A pro-active and positive ‘can do’ attitude
- Great communication skills
- A solution orientated approach to work
- A desire to make the role their own and become an integral part of the Surfing England team
If you believe you could take on this role and fulfil its tasks, and wish to join Surfing England at a pivotal time with a vision for growth and positive impact – then we want to hear from you!
Please send a written CV with covering letter (address below), detailing why you believe you are the right person to join the team at Surfing England and details of two references.
Closing deadline: 9th December
Interviews to be held in 18th and 19th December