Head Surf Coach Wave Bristol
Head Surf Coach The Wave Bristol
As head surf coach, you will assist the surf operations manager in running of one of Europe’s largest and unique surf schools.
The Wave will attract experienced surfers looking to improve their skills, as well as novices attempting the sport for the first time so you will play a vital role in providing quality beginner lessons, ensuring all visitors are reassured, informed and excited about getting on the water. As an ambassador for The Wave you will value the importance of championing health and safety, contributing to a culture that is proactive and communicates successfully across the surf operations department.
With hundreds of surfers each day, this will be a busy place and in order to provide the high levels of service that our visitors deserve, you will help lead a team who are engaged, eager to learn and empowered to deliver high standards all of the time. You will assist the surf operations manager in observing lessons, ensuring standards are met, supporting and providing the team with constructive feedback. You will drive the daily briefings, ensuring the team are energised and ready for a busy day. You will also take on some administrative duties and maintain the smooth running of this unique operation.
We believe that we have the best opportunity to be part of the most exciting and unique visitor attraction to come to Bristol. If you are up for a challenge and want to help us build something really special, we can’t wait to hear from you.
What you’ll be up to:
• Delivering daily lessons and surf coaching.
• Assisting with the daily operations of the surf school and surf experience (e.g. kit management, opening and closing checklists)
• Ensuring the delivery of inclusive/adaptive surfing experiences.
• Actively participate in the appraisals of coaches and their continued professional development
• Using your position as a platform to inform and engage our visitors about all our services at The Wave.
• Actively promote and educate visitors on excellent surf etiquette.
Skills and attributes:
• Qualified ISA Surf Coach (Level 1 and 2 accepted)
• Qualified beach lifeguard
• Experienced in surf coaching and surf schools
• Experienced in team leadership
• An ability to work under pressure, with a drive and determination to achieve the best.
• A strong desire to get people active and to engage with surfing.
• Strong attention to detail, especially with regards to Health and Safety, with an ability to spot trends and errors
• A proactive and ambitious mindset, with a desire to ‘muck-in’!
• A passion for sustainability, health and well-being and the natural world
• Will need to obtain and keep a clean DBS check as part of safeguarding requirements
- £25,000 / Year
- Full Time
- Minimum 2 years of experience
- Bristol BS35 5RE, UK
Enthusiastic – Team Player – training – Energetic – Customer Focused -Passion for surfing – Safety aware.
By applying you confirm you have these skills.