Freelance surf instructor vacancy- Watergate Bay
At Watergate Bay Hotel’s Extreme Academy surf school, we believe happiness can come from the simplest of things. Being with the people that matter, having a moment to relax, feeling the wind on your face as you paddle out beyond the break. It’s helping guests find those moments of happiness, away from the complications of the everyday, that makes us who we are, draws the right people to us and sees them go far.
Does seeing learners catch their first green wave fill you up? Do you know the tiny tweaks that will help improving surfers sharpen their bottom turn? Do you live for light offshores and love sharing the joy of the ride with your students? Does zero admin and more water time appeal? Then you could be one of the freelance surf instructors we’re looking for.
We need experienced instructors, with a passion for waves and a flair for teaching, to deliver surf lessons as part of our Extreme Academy team. You’ll need to hit the ground running straight away so we only want people with solid instructor hours already behind them. In return we’ll maximise your water time and pay competitively to match your talents.
You’ll embody the spirit of Extreme Academy with your friendly welcome, positive can-do attitude and attention to detail, helping every learner in your group get the most out of their session. Whatever the conditions you’ll brighten up the beach with your spirit and energy and every class you take will come away fired up to get back in the sea as soon as they can.
In return for your energy and commitment, you’ll find yourself in a team with a shared outlook on life where friendship, connection, flexibility, variety and challenge makes every working day sing.
You’ll need to:
- Deliver surf lessons in line with the Surfing England standards.
- Deliver surf lessons in line with the Extreme Academy brand and standards.
- Fully understand and abide by the Extreme Academy rules and procedures.
- Stay up to date and work in line with Health and Safety laws and guidance.
- Surfing England Level 1 Surf coach
- Qualified beach lifeguard
- Approved first aid qualification (RLSS or SLSGB)
- Registered with Surfing England as a surf coach
- Surfing England coaches insurance
- Enhanced DBS (renewed within the last three years).
Key skills required:
- Good communicator.
- Focused on giving guests the best experience before, during and after their lesson.
- Great with prioritising and time management.
- Watergate Bay Hotel is a relaxed professional place to work in a beautiful location right on the beach
- Excellent career prospects in an ever-expanding organisation
- Special rates for you and your friends & family to stay at Watergate Bay Hotel
- Staff discounts on treatments in Swim Club
- Free surf lessons and free use of surfboards and wetsuits from the Extreme Academy
- Social events throughout the year
£35-£45 per lesson, based at Watergate Bay
Apply online at – https://jobs.watergatebay.co.uk/job/162431
Comments are closed.