Entry Now Open for Rip Curl Grom Search 2019 UK Series
The Rip Curl Grom Search returns to the UK for a two-event series at the end of the summer taking place in Watergate Bay, Cornwall (hosted by Surfing England) and Jersey in the Channel Islands (hosted by Channel Islands Surfing Federation).
Rip Curl Grom Search is a competition exclusively for young surfers under the age of 16 with its own unique character. A friendly, inclusive and competitive set of events which represents a barometer of talent at the top end as well as introducing competition surfing for many groms.
For this years’ events the overall winner of the U16s Boys and Girls Division will get a golden ticket to the International Final which traditionally takes place ‘Somewhere’ in Spring the following year. Last year’s UK winners Will Masterman and Alys Barton both travelled out to compete in Costa Rica – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H_zNwLuEBJM
An important addition in 2019 is a European Final which offers a final wildcard spot to the International Final. This will take place in Peniche, Portugal just before the Rip Curl Pro Portugal WSL event in October 2019. This event is exclusively for those surfers who finish 2,3,4 or 5th in the U16’s Boys and Girls divisions.
“The Grom Search series has proved a real stepping stone for many UK groms over the years. There’s a solid history of our surfers doing well at both the European and International Final and I’m excited to watch this years’ series unfold. Having an event in Jersey makes it feel like a mini tour and it’s a great experience for all involved. See you all at the kick off in Watergate!” (Joel Gray, Rip Curl UK)
Important Entry Information for WATERGATE BAY:
- Entry will open on Friday 12 th July at 4pm.
- You must be a valid Surfing England member or another Home Federation member (Wales, Scotland or Channel Islands).
- The divisions are for Girls & Boys in Under 12s, 14s and 16s.
- Entry will cost £13.
- Entry will be limited to single division only. If you enter more than one division, one entry will be forfeited.
- Entries will be capped so please submit via liveheats as soon as possible after open.
- Entry will close on Thursday 22nd August at 5pm.
Online entry instructions for athletes:
- Go to liveheats.com/surfingengland
- Click ‘Enter Comp’
- Log in or create an account using Facebook or email.
- Input Surfer Details, choose division, read event T&Cs.
- Pay entry fee.
- You’re in!
For entry information for Jersey, head to: Channel Islands Surfing Federation Facebook page.
Watergate Bay, Cornwall – 31st August /1st September (backup date 28/29th September – location TBC)
Jersey, Channel Islands – 7/8th September (backup date 21/22nd September)
European Final. Peniche, Portugal – 14/15 October
International Final. ‘Somewhere’ – Spring 2020!