Coronavirus resource hub
Welcome to the Surfing England Coronavirus Resource Hub
All public updates will be shared onto this page as Government Advice evolves. All Surfing England Members, Accredited Surf Schools and Coaches and Affiliated Surf Clubs will receive full information directly on email as well as being able to access direct support from the Surfing England Team. To join us & support your National Governing Body, click here.
Following new Government Guidelines issued on 11/05/20, if you decide to go Surfing in England from 13/05/20, our advice is as follows:
- MAINTAIN SOCIAL DISTANCING RULES – Stay 2 meters (6 ft) away from others in and out of the water.
- SURF WITHIN YOUR LIMITS – If in doubt, don’t paddle out. There are currently no RNLI Lifeguards in Operation on Beaches in England. UPDATE 30/05/20 – Some Beaches now have RNLI Lifeguards in Operation. Visit www.rnli.org for information. If you do see someone in trouble in the water, call 999 and ask for the Coastguard.
- RESPECT LOCAL COMMUNITIES – Consider the distance you travel to surf & the emergency services/hospital resources in that area. Many local facilities are currently closed.
- RESPECT OTHER SURFERS – Avoid crowding beaches and busy peaks.
- PROMOTE GOOD SURF ETIQUETTE – Don’t snake or drop in, smile, be kind & surf safe.
For latest Government Advice see here: https://www.gov.uk/coronavirus