Coronavirus resource hub
Welcome to the Surfing England Coronavirus Resource Hub
All public updates will be shared onto this page as Government Advice evolves. All Surfing England Members, Accredited Surf Schools and Coaches and Affiliated Surf Clubs will receive full information directly on email as well as being able to access direct support from the Surfing England Team. To join us & support your National Governing Body, click here.
General Guidance for Surfers
- SOCIAL DISTANCE WHERE POSSIBLE – Stay 2 meters (6 ft) apart from others where possible in and out of the water.
- SURF WITHIN YOUR LIMITS – If in doubt, don’t paddle out. Be honest with yourself about your capabilities to stay safe in the water. Some Beaches have RNLI Lifeguards in Operation. Visit www.rnli.org for information. If you do see someone in trouble in the water, call 999 and ask for the Coastguard.
- RESPECT LOCAL COMMUNITIES – Be mindful that there are elderly/vulnerable people that may still be self-isolating in the areas you visit. Consider the local facilities (supermarkets, cafes/restaurants, toilets, parking, etc) and provision of emergency services in the areas you travel to.
- RESPECT OTHER SURFERS – Avoid crowding beaches and busy peaks. Be mindful of peoples right to travel and go on holiday – it’s been a tough few months for everyone.
- PROMOTE GOOD SURF ETIQUETTE – Don’t snake or drop in, smile, have fun, be kind & surf safe.
For latest Government Advice see here: https://www.gov.uk/coronavirus