Epic Final Training Session for Team England Para surfers ahead of World Championships
A sun-soaked Friday at The Wave, Bristol, saw Team England Para coming together for a final training session ahead of the 2022 Pismo Beach ISA World Para Surfing Championships, which take place 4th – 11th December out in California.
The green waves were illuminated by the sun, and the surfers charged hard to make the most of this coaching session on the advanced wave. The athletes surfed on the left in the morning, and right in the afternoon, with analysis of video footage in the break.
Andy Guy continued his progressive surfing, carving up The Wave, and pushing himself to test the limits in the critical sections. Hannah Dines, getting prepped for the Champs, clearly thinking about making the most of every part of the wave, taking long rides, and sneaking her way into the barrel section that’s offered up at The Wave.
Zoe Smith, looked smooth with great flow on waves, and some crisp turns. Meanwhile Mark Hagger, awaiting classification, was checking out the impact of sticking his arm into the water to navigate around the waves. Stephen Lightbown with a multitude of boards to test out, was snagging some long rides, and getting lots of rail action.
Some of the team have already made the journey out to Cali, you can check out the full team here. A huge thank you to everyone who has already supported this journey and donated to our Crowdfunder. There’s just a couple of days left and amazing prizes (surfboards, dryrobe, surfs and stay at The Wave, FCS fins, surf mould pro ear plugs), if you can get involved click here.
Prizes will be issued as below:
- GREEN OVERHEAD SURFBOARD – A Green Overhead Arima Atonic 5’10 – see: https://www.greenoverhead.com/collections/arima/products/arima-atomic-510-pu-surfboard
- SURFBOARD bundle from Daniel Surf, including a NSP Protech Funboard and tailpad, Ocean and Earth boardbag and leash, and Sticky Bumps wax
- ITIWIT and Olaian bundle of 2 x drybags, towel, wax & sun block, and My Journey Home signed book
- BUNDLE – Bird Eyewear sunglasses, Cutty Sark whisky and Stay Weird Surf Co t-shirt/sticker pack
- BUNDLE – North Coast Wetsuit Jacket, My Journey Home signed book and Stay Weird Surf Co t-shirt/sticker pack
- BUNDLE – Gecko Surf Helmet, Bob Gnarly changing mat and My Journey Home signed book
- BUNDLE – S.E.A crew t-shirt, Marlin Spike Rum and Bob Gnarly changing mat
- DRYROBE, My Journey Home signed book and Stay Weird Surf Co t-shirt/sticker pack
- The Wave – two nights stay in the Camp and a surf/lesson for 4 people
- Bob Gnarly Surf bundle – 7’2 Osprey foamie, changing mat, and neoprene socks
- FCS fins, deckpad and leash bundle, with Arctic Fox apparel.
- Surf Mould Pro custom ear plugs, with Arctic Fox bundle.
A huge thank you to everyone who came to The Wave, and coached and supported, Gary Brickley, Matty Hammersley, Ian Bennett, Kevin Dring, Jack Patching, Tom Barber, Seren Dixon, and Andy Banks. And to Phil Williams, Team Manager who has been putting in so much time and energy in the run up to the Worlds.
Thank you to our Team England partners who’s sponsorship helps us support our elite surfing teams, korev Lager, Caravan and Motorhome Club, Wild West Jerky, and The Wave.
Comments are closed.