Event Call: 2020 English Nationals ON with relocation to Great Western Beach
EVENT CALL: 2020 English National Surfing Championships ON with relocation to Great Western Beach, Newquay
We are stoked to announce that the 2020 Caravan and Motorhome Club English National Surfing Championships are ON, running this weekend 24th – 25th October. Due to the lively looking forecast for this weekend we have taken the decision to relocate the event to Great Western Beach, Newquay.
There have been comprehensive discussions between the Event Manager, Contest Director and Safety officials including ERA Adventures who will provide Lifeguard Cover leading us to this decision. We firmly believe this will give the best chance of contestable conditions throughout the weekend in order to complete the event. At all times safety of surfers is paramount.
We are excited to return to Great Western Beach following a hugely successful Rip Curl GromSearch at this location last year. The location is also home to NQY Surfing School, one of Surfing England’s Accredited Schools.
Please note these is NO PARKING at Great Western Beach – you must park in town and walk down.
Please note the clocks change on the 25th October, marking the end of British Summertime. The clocks go back 1 hour at 2am on Sunday 25th October. Please make sure you are aware of this, so you do not miss your heat on Sunday morning! It is your responsibility to be on time for your heat.
- Competitor Info Great Western Beach English Nationals 2020 – we will be emailing by Friday Evening aiming to give details of which Divisions will surf on Saturday – this may impact the process for check in. Our aims are always to keep as COVID secure as possible. We will start the first heat as soon as possible on both days so early starts will be required.
- Heat Draw – Click here to view. Please note the draw is subject to change.
- Live Scoring – We will be aiming to run using live scoring. Visit: https://liveheats.com/events/3686
- Follow the government’s Covid 19 guidance;
- Wash hands – do so regularly and for at least 20 seconds
- Cover your face – wear a mask when in enclosed spaces
- Make space – stay 2m apart, or 1m with a face covering or other precautions
- Please ensure you have your own hand sanitizer available, as facilities are limited at the beach.
- Do not gather in groups larger than 6.
- Keep your personal surfboards and wetsuits away from the core contest site – please avoid sharing equipment.
- Following your heat remove your rash vest in a timely manner and place in the bucket as directed for sanitization. Ecoworks Marine are onsite to advise you on this and ensure our contest rash vests are fully sanitised ready for the next competitor. They will be situated alongside the Beach Marshal.
- Follow the direction of any requests by contest staff
- Please refer to: https://www.gov.uk/coronavirus for the latest information on COVID19.
For Detailed Event Information, please visit: www.surfingengland.org/2020englishnationalsb
A huge thank you to headline sponsors Caravan and Motorhome Club, supporting partners Korev Lager and our other Event Partners; The Wave, dryrobe, Surfdome, PADSTOW ROCKS, Shower in a Can, Clarke Willmott, Panoptic Motion, and Ecoworks Marine.
A further thank you to Era Adventures for providing Lifeguard Cover for this event.
Surfing England Membership starts at just £18 a year and includes insurance for surfing, as well as many great discounts and benefits. You can find out more here.
Stay tuned on social media for updates, follow @SurfingEngland on Instagram, Facebook & Twitter.
Any urgent questions, please contact Hannah on: [email protected]