Surfing England Open ISA/SE Course Presenter Applications
Surfing England and the International Surfing Association are today opening the application process for ISA Surf Coach Presenter status in England.
Surfing England open the application process in order to harness the talent and energy that exists within the English surf coaching community.
The application process will be open from March 21st until April 30th and details of how to apply are listed below.
The opportunity falls in line with Surfing England’s vision of ‘a healthy surfing community’ and role as National Governing Body to support and develop surfing in England. Coach development is a vital pathway to support our strategy and a vital service within English surfing. The application also opens following a lengthy period of review which culminated in the recent Surf Coach survey, which identified ‘coaching development pathway & opportunities’ as the top priority to 65% of coaches. Another important element identified (62%) was the desire for ‘bolt on qualifications and opportunity for continued professional development’, which Surfing England will review and tackle in due course.
Successful applicants will join the current and experienced group of ISA/SE Presenters in Baz Hall (Newquay), Stu Parry (Newquay), Andy Joyce (Bournemouth), Pat Renaud (Bantham), John Ellis (Croyde). As they deliver Level 1 and 2 ISA/SE Surf Coach awards in England.
Applications should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org: Titled ‘Name / Course Presenter Application and contain the following:
- Full CV, listing any relevant experience, qualifications and coaching attributes.
- Personal covering statement (500 words maximum) explaining your reasons for application, your validity for the role and your vision for the role.
- Identification of facilities and equipment, a Business Plan/Business Case (including identification of target market, target location (any foreign), demand from potential customers and expectations on participation. Possible example of business case identifying the demand).
- Identify course type: Surf Coach or Bodyboard Coach
- Proven experience of surf coaching
- Excellent organisational skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Support and membership of Surfing England
- Qualified surf coach and beach lifeguard
- The applicant should also have a genuine passion and desire to make a positive and significant impact through their coaching.
Process of review:
- All applications will be reviewed by Surfing England. Successful applicants will be short-listed and invited to interview after the closing deadline.
- Following interviews, the successful applicants will be submitted for approval by the ISA.
- If approved then additional development work will be required, including training, presenter shadowing and review over an 18-month probationary period.
- Applicants not short-listed will be notified by email.
- Unsuccessful interview candidates will be informed by email.
The application process will be closed on April 30th and opportunity and availability of future positions will be reviewed every 18 months following this date.
For more information on the ISA Surf Coach pathway click here: http://www.isasurf.org/development-programs/coaching-instructing/
Thank you for your interest.